Making our site easier for you
We've developed our website with the aim of making it as easy as possible for everyone to use. It has a responsive design which means the website will adapt to your screen size and to the orientation of your phone or tablet.
You can find out about the accessibility options available in some of the most popular operating systems and browsers using the links below:
- For Windows users including Internet Explorer (Link opens in a new window)
- For Mac OS users including Safari (Link opens in a new window)
- For Apple iOS devices (Link opens in a new window)
- Chrome (Link opens in a new window)
- Firefox (Link opens in a new window)
- Android phones (Link opens in a new window)
Skip to content
If you are using software that reads the content of your computer screen, you can avoid listening to the menus being read to you on every page once you've become familiar with the website. When you’re listening to the site being read to you by your screenreading software, you should hear a link “skip to content” near the top of the page. Select this link to jump direct to the page content.
Alternative text for images
All images (other than purely decorative images) have associated text that describes the content of the image. If you are using screenreading software, it should read the ‘alt text’ to you.
Links like ‘More about…’ and ‘Find out more…’ have extended descriptions that screenreading software should read to you – for example, “Find out more about Flexible Choice mortgage”.