- Virgin Money Current Account customers will have access to exclusive offers and discounts from across the Virgin family
- Major step forward in Virgin Money’s strategic ambition to grow market share in personal banking by offering lifestyle rewards from across the Virgin Group of companies
- Customers opening a new account will receive a free luxury case of wine from Virgin Wines. All Virgin Money Current Account customers can save up to £225 across selected 18-month Virgin Media bundles
Virgin Money has launched ‘Brighter Money Bundles’, a new approach enabling new and existing customers to access exclusive offers and discounts from across the Virgin family. The new Bundles represent Virgin Money’s first step towards offering customers access to a broader range of rewards.
Customers opening a new Virgin Money Current Account, which is rated ‘Outstanding’ by Moneyfacts, can receive a free luxury case of 15 bottles of wine from Virgin Wines worth over £180. A choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic options are available to choose from.
The Virgin Wines offer is available to all new Virgin Money Current Account customers who apply online and complete a full switch using the Current Account Switching Service, including two direct debits set-up on the account, downloading and registering for the mobile app and who deposit at least £1,000 into a linked savings account within 31 days of the account opening. Existing customers will have access to an offer for a discounted case of Virgin Wines worth £180, through a new ‘Exclusive Rewards’ area of the Virgin Money app.
Another component of the Bundle is a Virgin Media discount, which offers a saving of up to £225 across selected 18-month packages for new Virgin Media customers. This discount will be available to all customers who have a Virgin Money Current Account.
The launch of Brighter Money Bundles is a step forward in Virgin Money’s strategic ambition to drive customer growth in personal banking through a unique lifestyle offer that gives customers access to a range of exclusive discounts and offers from across the Virgin Group of companies. Further offers and rewards will become available to customers as Virgin Money continues to build its strategic reward partnerships across the Virgin Group.
Fergus Murphy, Group Personal Director at Virgin Money said “We always want to offer our customers more, and the introduction of Brighter Money Bundles is the first step on our journey to reward customers with fantastic benefits from across the wider Virgin family. By giving exclusive access to the fantastic products and experiences that the Virgin family offers, alongside our brilliant banking service, we can disrupt the status quo in banking and give customers more reasons to come to Virgin Money.”
The Virgin Money Current Account offers customers:
- Interest of 2.02% AER on balances up to £1,000 ;
- Linked savings account offering 0.50% AER ;
- No monthly fees;
- Fee-free overseas debit card transactions;
- Budgeting and savings tools, enabling customers to set spending budgets and targets and organise their savings into specific pots;
- Live spending data, notifications and alerts, with tagging features helping customers easily identify and control spending across different categories, as well as customisable balance and transaction alerts;
- A money-saving energy switching tool in partnership with GoCompare;
- A smart 'sweep' feature - automatically transferring money from customers' savings accounts when running low, to help avoid fees and charges;
- A wide range of customer service options so customers can look after their money wherever, whenever and however they want - offering both Live Chat and Secure Messages in-app as well as online, a dedicated 24 hour customer service line and a full in-store service;
- Apple Pay & Google Pay enabled contactless 'portrait' debit card, which includes a useful notch to help visually impaired customers identify the top of the card;
- Ability to pay in cheques electronically through the app;
- Enhanced security features, including personalised in-app authorisation and secure messaging, alongside Touch ID and Face ID on supported customer devices;
- An arranged overdraft with a market leading 19.9% APR (subject to status).
Further information on the Virgin Money Current Account is available at https://uk.virginmoney.com/current-accounts/pca/.
i) New customers will be emailed details of how to access the offer when they open an account. New Customers can only benefit from the offer once. Existing customers will be able to access offers through the mobile app later in November.
ii) Customers need to be a new Virgin Media customer to get the "up to £225 off" discount and sign up to a minimum 18 month contract. They can take up this offer through the Virgin Media tab on our My Virgin Money offers webpage. If they are already a Virgin Media customer, they can ask Virgin Media for a call back to discuss what savings they might be able to offer instead.
iii) The Virgin Money Current Account pays interest of 2.02% AER (2.00% gross per annum variable) on credit balances up to £1,000. Interest is calculated on a daily basis and is paid on the last business day of each month.
iiii) The Virgin Money Instant Savings account pays interest on total balances at 0.50% AER (0.50% gross per annum variable). Interest is calculated on a daily basis and is paid on the last business day of each quarter.